Friday, November 30, 2012
材料： 佛手瓜2个， 葱1支（我喜欢多一点），油1大匙，麻油1大匙。
Tuesday, November 27, 2012
我做过好几个翻糖结婚蛋糕，但翻糖都是买wilton的fondant，我觉得不好吃又很贵。。网上有很多自制的棉花糖翻糖（Marshmallow Fondant), 材料很简单，味道也还好。。虽然还是甜了点。。
- 8 ounces miniature marshmallows
- 1 pound powdered sugar (4 cups), plus extra for dusting （我还是减了不少糖）
- 2 tbsp water
- Food coloring or flavored extracts, optional *
- 1/2 cup Crisco shortening
红色－草莓味，绿色 －青柠味，橘色 －橘子味，黄色－柠檬味
1. Melt marshmallows and 2 tablespoons of water in a microwave or double boiler. To microwave, place the bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds, open microwave and stir, back in microwave for 30 seconds more, open microwave and stir again, and continue doing this until melted. It usually takes about 2 1/2 minutes total.
2. Place 3/4 of the powdered sugar on the top of the melted marshmallow mix.
Now grease your hands GENEROUSLY (palms, backs, and in between fingers), then heavily grease the counter you will be using and dump the bowl of marshmallow/sugar mixture in the middle. (我一开始没有用手，直接用silicone spatula 搅拌，直到成团我才用手揉,手还是要放油)
3. Start kneading like you would bread dough. You will immediately see why you have greased your hands. What are you doing is Keep kneading, this stuff is sticky at this stage! Add the rest of the powdered sugar and knead some more. Re-grease your hands and counter when the fondant starts sticking.
If the mix is tearing easily, it is to dry, so add water (about 1/2 tablespoon at a time and then knead it in). It usually takes about 8 minutes to get a firm smooth elastic ball so that it will stretch without tearing when you apply it to the cake. It is best if you can let it sit, double wrapped, overnight (but you can use it right away if there are no tiny bits of dry powdered sugar). If you do see them, you will need to knead and maybe add a few more drops of water.
Prepare the fondant icing for storing by coating it with a good layer of Crisco shortening, wrap in a plastic-type wrap product and then put it in a re-sealable or Ziploc bag. Squeeze out as much air as possible. MM Fondant icing will hold very well in the refrigerator for weeks.
2. 幼糖200g （我一般只会放160g）
4. 面粉250g 加2茶匙发粉
Thursday, November 15, 2012
2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
1 bag of hard candy
1. combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
2. In large bowl, with mixer on medium speed, beat butter and sugar 1 minute or until creamy, occasionally scraping bowl with rubber spatula. Add egg and vanilla; beat until well mixed.
3. Reduce speed to low; gradually beat in flour mixture just until blended, occasionally scraping bowl.
4.divide into 3 pieces. Flatten each piece into a disk; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight, until firm enough to roll.
5. While dough is chilling, place each color hard candy in separate heavy-duty plastic bag. Place 1 bag on towel-covered work surface or floor. With meat mallet or rolling pin, lightly crush candy into small pieces about the size of coarsely chopped nuts, being careful not to crush until powdery. Repeat with remaining candy.
6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line large cookie sheet with baking map. Roll 1 disk of dough 1/8 inch thick and use cookie cutters to cut out as many cookies as possible.
7. Place 1 inch apart on prepared cookie sheet. Cut out centers of cookies with smaller cookie cutters. fill each cookie's center with 1/2 teaspoon crushed candy.
8. Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes. Remove cookie sheet from oven. Cool cookies on cookie sheet on wire rack. With metal spatula, remove cookies.
9. Store cookies in tightly sealed container at room temperature up to 2 weeks or in freezer up to 3 months.